- All People are motivated. We cannot motivate them. We can only guide them by their motivations.
- People do things for their own reasons; not for yours or mine. Show people what they want and they will move heaven and earth to get it.
- People change because of pain. When the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of changing, people will change.
- The key to all effective communication is identification. When something becomes personal, it becomes interesting.
- The best way to get people to pay attention to you is to pay attention to them. Little things mean a lot.
- Pride is a powerful motivator. Everybody is proud of something.
- You cannot change people; only their behaviors. Attack the behavior; not the person.
- The worker's perception becomes the supervisor's reality. What they see is what you get.
- You consistently get the behaviors you consistently expect and reinforce. Reinforcement can be positive or negative.
- We all judge ourselves by our motives; but we judge others by their actions. Any of us can do anything we can convince ourselves we are justified in doing.
© Nido Qubein
Post a Comment